BOOKING & CANCELLATION POLICY FOR ACTIVITIES
(FOR GETAWAYS BOOKING AND CANCELLATION POLICY, PLEASE SEE SPECIFIC GETAWAY DETAILS)
Reservation and Payment
Full payment is required to confirm a booking, and may be made by credit card, cash, money order, bank transfer and certified cheque payable in CAD dollars. Payments from outside of Canada must be made via credit card or bank transfer. Prices and payments are in Canadian Dollars, including credit card transactions. Arctic Kingdom (hereafter referred to as AK) is not responsible for any billing discrepancies as a result exchange rates or foreign exchange transaction fees.
Local Payments: Payments by money order, bank draft or certified cheque can be mailed locally to Box 6117-923 Federal Road Iqaluit, Nunavut, Canada, X0A 1H0 or delivered to the Arctic Kingdom Office in the lobby of the Arctic Hotel in Iqaluit.
Foreign Visitors: Payments by money order, bank draft or certified cheque should be delivered to Arctic Kingdom Inc. c/o 215 Traders Blvd Unit #18 Mississauga, Ontario, Canada
Arrival & Departure Times
Please consult tour information for specific arrival & departure times, as each tour has differing preparation requirements. Tours will proceed as scheduled regardless of attendance, and missing participants will be considered no shows.
We, here at Arctic Kingdom are really looking forward to having you come on the tour you signed up for, but we understand that sometimes plans change. You must be aware that there are logistical implications to cancelling a trip as transportation, guides, refreshments, and most other elements are coordinated ahead of time. As a result, we operate under the following guidelines and policies.
- If a customer provides minimum 48 hours notice that they are unable to attend a tour, AK will transfer the amount paid toward another AK service. If the replacement booking has a lower price than the original, a refund of the difference will be returned.
In the event a customer is unable to attend a confirmed booking the following will be applied.
- More than 72 hours notice: AK will refund full tour amount
- 48-72 hours notice: AK will refund tour amount less 10%
- 48 hours or less, and No Shows : No refund provided.
Please remember that although 48 hours is the minimum notice required for a partial refund, the sooner AK knows that a spot is open the easier it will be for everyone. It is appreciated that as soon as you know you will be absent from a tour that you inform AK. We thank you in advance.
- AK reserves the right to cancel tours, vary itineraries, and amend fares and days of operation.
- If WE cancel any trip due to poor weather, mechanical failure, or unsafe conditions, we will reschedule your tour for another time at no additional cost. If this is not an option that works for you, we will do our best to come up with a suitable solution.
- There will be times when AK may cancel a tour. Please remember that when we are doing so, we are taking into consideration the safety of the group, our guides, and equipment.
- AK has the discretion to cancel a tour with the amount paid transferred to another AK service. If the customer is unable to attend an alternate tour date, AK will provide a refund for the full amount.
Refund Request Procedures
AK is not responsible for requests which do not reach our office. Contact AK at email@example.com, with “Refund” and your name in the subject line, call 867-979-1900, or visit us in the lobby of the Arctic Hotel.
Partial Group Cancellation
If a partial group cancellation is requested, please call or email AK to confirm the revised number of bookings required at least 48 hours prior to departure date, otherwise above policies will apply. If AK is not informed of a decrease in numbers the total payment will stand based on original booking details, regardless of the number of participants who arrive.
Waiver Form and Participant Information
All participants are required to complete a Waiver Form prior to leaving from the departure area. Please read these documents carefully before booking your trip to ensure you are comfortable with the terms and conditions in these documents. Participation on any trip will be declined in the absence of the signed and completed Waiver Form, with no refund. No modifications to the terms outlined in the Waiver Form will be accepted.
Trip participants are responsible for providing correct information regarding personal details. No refunds will be provided for customers who are unable to complete a tour due to misrepresentation of ability and/or failure to disclose existing health conditions which impact the customer’s ability to complete a tour.
Arctic Kingdom does not carry health, life, property or injury insurance for our trip members, and are not responsible for any expenses incurred for medical reasons. You must be in general good health to participate in our trips. Anyone with medical problems or restrictions must make them known to us in advance of the trip. The trip leader has the right to disqualify any member from the group at any time if considered medically necessary. AK and its affiliates take no responsibility for special arrangements required by passengers physically unable to complete a trip and assume no liability regarding provision of medical care.
• Extended Medical Insurance – Your medical insurance should cover you for life and health care risks while in Canada, and in addition should provide for transport to your home country if you reside outside of Canada.
• Trip Cancellation Insurance – In view of our cancellation policy, we recommend that all our trip members purchase cancellation insurance.
• Personal Property Insurance – Insure your personal belongings against loss. Your homeowner’s insurance may not be enough. Be sure that this insurance covers you while you are visiting.
Whenever AK employs services such as taxi, air transport or guiding, AK acts only as booking agents in regard to that particular part of a trip and can assume no liability for any actions or defaults of any individual organization with whom such arrangements have been made.
Withdrawal of Participant
AK reserves the right to require any participant to withdraw from a trip at any time if the trip leader deems his or her acts or conduct to be detrimental to or incompatible with the interest, harmony, comfort or welfare of the trip. Any expenses incurred from removal from a tour will be the responsibility of the individual. Similarly, in the event a trip member decides that he/she would like to leave the trip early he/she will be responsible for costs associated with return to Iqaluit. In such cases, no refund or credit will be payable or due to the individual.
AK itineraries are intended as examples only. Participants should allow for flexibility due to changes in weather, natural history, cultural events, or other logistical arrangements deemed necessary by AK.
Images & Wildlife
Marketing materials may contain photographs that depict typical locations, scenes and animals that may be viewed in the Arctic. Imagery may not be a specific representation of the equipment we may use, animals we may see, or weather conditions we may experience. While guides do their best, AK makes no assurances that wildlife referenced in trip specific marketing material will be seen.
Participants must at all times follow the instructions of our guides and staff. Should an individual be overly confident, eager or reckless in approaching an animal, the participant may be withdrawn from a tour or activity. Should an animal be killed because of a provoked attack, a fine up to $30,000 per animal may be charged by a wildlife officer.
AK reserves the right to take photographic records during tours and activities for promotional purposes, and travellers grant AK express permission to use their images for such purposes.
Events Beyond our Control
AK is not responsible for the affect brought on by events beyond our control on the ability of participants to attend bookings, cancel bookings, or for tours to be conducted. These includes events such as: acts of God, war, terrorism, crime, civil unrest, kidnapping, illness, public unrest or natural disasters and other unforeseen circumstances.